Siebel Hospitality Guide > Working with Inventory > Management of Room Blocks at the Quote Stage >
Booking Specific Suites
The sales representative can reserve a specific suite within a suite category reservation. In this instance, the user first selects the suite category as a room block line item, and then in the specific suites list, selects a specific suite related to the suite category. After the specific suite record is saved, the reservation process automatically launches.
This task is a step in Process of Working with Event Inventory.
To reserve a specific suite
- Navigate to the Quotes screen > List view.
- In the Quotes list, query for the quote record.
- In the Quote record, click the link in the Quote # field.
- Click the Room Blocks view tab.
- In the Room Block Line Items list, add a record.
- In the record, select Suite Category in the Room Type field, and then complete the remaining fields.
- Click Reserve.
The Inventory Status field is updated to Reserved if the room block is available.
- Drill down on the Room Block Name value.
The Room Blocks screen's Line Items view appears.
- Scroll down to the Specific Suites list.
- In the Specific Suites list, create a new record, and select a room from the Room dialog box.
- Save the record.
The reservation processes automatically.