Siebel Hospitality Guide > Managing Property-Specific Menus and Packages > Process of Managing Menus and Packages >
Substituting Products in a Menu or Package
You can view and select all products that are available as substitutes for the child items in a menu or package.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Menus and Packages.
To substitute a product in a menu or package
- Navigate to the Functions screen, then the Function List view.
- In the Function list, select the function with the menu or package whose products you want to substitute.
- Click the Line Items view tab.
- In the line items list, select the child product of the menu or package for which you want to substitute another product.
- Click the Substitute Products subview tab.
If substitute products are available for this product, Siebel Hospitality displays them in the Substitute Products list.
- Select an item to substitute for the selected Line Items list item and click Substitute.
The record you selected in the Substitutes list replaces the current function line item.
NOTE: If the current package or menu's Fixed check box is selected, or if no substitutes are available for the selected item, the Substitute button is disabled.