Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Pricing and Property Pricing > Setting Up Volume Discounts >
Creating Aggregate Volume Discounts for Sleeping Rooms and Suites
Siebel Hospitality provides you with the ability to create aggregate volume discounts for sleeping rooms when necessary. A sleeping room aggregate volume discount is a volume discount that applies to all types of sleeping rooms at a particular property. For example, there may be three different types of sleeping rooms (single room, double room, penthouse suite) at a particular property. A customer may decide to book 10 rooms of each type. So in total the customer may have booked thirty rooms. You may wish to give the customer an aggregate discount for all 30 rooms instead of giving a separate discount for each room type.
Before you carry out this procedure, you must create a volume discount, as described in Creating Volume Discounts, and you must add line items to the volume discount, as described in Adding Volume Discount Line Items.
To create an aggregate volume discount for sleeping rooms and suites
- Navigate to the Property Pricing Admin screen > Properties list.
- In the Properties list, select the required property and click the link in the Property Name field.
- Click the Volume Discount Matrix view tab.
- In the Volume Discount Matrix list, create a new record.
- In the Product Line field, click the Select button, and in the Pick Product Line selection dialog box, select the Sleeping Room product line.
- Complete the remaining fields, while making sure that you leave the Product field blank, and save the record. For more information on these fields, see Associating Volume Discounts with a Property.