Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Pricing and Property Pricing >
Defining a Profit Series and Percentages
The administrator or revenue manager can define a Profit Series that manages different profit percentages for different periods for each property. The Profit Percentage that is applied to an opportunity depends on the arrival day specified in the opportunity. The profit series is applied to any opportunity that falls within the start and end date of the profit series. In cases where the profit series has overlapping dates, the last date entered takes precedence.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Pricing and Property Pricing.
To define a profit series with percentages
- Navigate to the Property Pricing Admin screen > Properties list.
- In the Properties list, select the property and click the link in the Property Name field.
- Click the Profit Series view tab.
- In the Profit Series list, create a new record.
- In the new record enter a name, the start and end dates of the Profit Series, and a description.
- With the Profit Series record selected, scroll down to the Profit Percentage list.
- If you wish to populate the Profit Series list with all parent revenue categories, click Parent Revenue Category. Otherwise, click New to add individual categories.
- Set the percentage profit to be made from each parent revenue category at the property.