Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Products and Assets >
Mapping a Generic Catering Product to a Property-Specific Product
After a generic product is created, the administrator must map the property-specific product to the generic product. This facilitates the conversion of generic products during the create quote process.
NOTE: Generic catering products can also be chosen in the opportunity's Function Line Items view after the opportunity has been created.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Products and Assets.
To map a generic catering product to a property-specific product
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen > Products list.
- In the Products list, query for the required generic catering product.
- Drill down on the Name hyperlink.
- Click the Specific Products view tab.
- In the Specific Products list, create a new record and select the appropriate property-specific product.
- Save the record.