Configuration Guide for Siebel Offline Client for Life Sciences > Managing String Translations > Managing String Translations >
Adding English Strings
Complete the following procedure to add an English string.
To add an English string
- Start Oracle JDeveloper.
- Open the lfs.properties file in the following directory:
contactfilter.xml File Location
- Add an editable list to the top of the list.
For more information on the formats used in the lfs.properties file, see lfs.properties File.
Then do the following:
- Click the prepopulated text field in the String Id and add the new unique identifier.
The String ID cannot have embedded spaces.
- Click the prepopulated text field in the Source field (
enu\lfs.properties) to add a new string.
- (Optional) Type text in the Description field.
- (Optional) To delete a string, select that entry, and then click Delete.
You can delete a single line or multiple lines.
- Click Save to save the lfs.properties file.
The source file is saved to the location from which it is read.