Siebel Loyalty Administration Guide > Setting Up Siebel Loyalty Promotions > Process of Creating Loyalty Promotions >
Specifying the Tiers Applicable to Loyalty Promotions
If promotions apply only to members in certain tiers, you should specify those tiers in the Tiers view of the Loyalty Promotions screen. When you do this, the promotions will only apply to members in those tiers and will only be exposed to members in those tiers when members use eLoyalty.
For example, if a promotion applies only to Platinum members, add the Platinum tier to the Tiers list. If a transaction is processed that meets all of a rule's criteria, but the member is not part of the specified tier, the rule's actions will not be invoked. In addition, only Platinum members will be able to see this promotion on the eLoyalty Member Portal.
If you do not specify any tiers here, then the promotion will apply to members in all tiers and will be visible to all members in eLoyalty.
If a promotion requires enrollment, you must list the tiers here. Only members in these tiers will be able to enroll in the promotion.
This task is a step in Process of Creating Loyalty Promotions. This task applies only to tier promotions.
To specify the tiers a promotion applies to
- Navigate to the Loyalty Promotions Administration screen.
- In the Promotions list, find the promotion for which you want to specify tiers and click the hyperlink in its Promotion # field.
- If the promotion form's Active check box is selected, click Modify.
- Click the Tiers view tab.
- Add one or more records to the Tiers list.