Siebel Loyalty Administration Guide > Setting Up Siebel Loyalty Promotions > Configuration Instructions for Common Promotions >
Creating a Promotion that Applies at a Specific Time of Day
You can create a promotion that applies at a specific time of day (such as applying only to transactions between 2 PM and 4 PM) as follows:
In Siebel Tools, configure Loyalty as follows:
- In the business component LOY Transaction, create a calculated field called Time of Day, which calculates the time of day in the Transaction date field (which includes both date and time). Set the type of the new field as DTYPE_TIME
- In the business component LOY Engine Transaction, create the same calculated field.
In Siebel Loyalty:
- In the List of Values Administration view, add a new record for LOY_ATTRIB_FIELDS_TXN with the value Time of Day.
- Create a transaction attribute based on this field.
- Create a promotion with a rule that:
- Includes a criteria that uses this transaction attribute. For example, the criteria might be Time of Day > 10:00:00 and Time of Day < 11:00:00.
- Includes an action that gives a bonus if the criteria for the promotion are true.
For general information about adding new fields that are used in promotion criteria, see Allowing New Fields to Be Used in Loyalty Promotion Criteria.