Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Installing and Configuring Email Marketing > Installing the Email Marketing Server >
Installing the Click-Through Daemon (CTD)
This topic contains the information that you need to install the Click-Through Daemon. Before installing the Click-Through Daemon, make sure that you have completed the installation requirements. For more information, see Requirements for Installing Email Marketing.
To install the Click-Through Daemon in Windows and UNIX
- On a Windows 2000 server, run the Click-Through Daemon installation program.
- On a UNIX server, perform the following steps:
- Make an installation directory named ctd using the following command:
- Copy the Click-Through Daemon installation program from the installation media to the directory that you created.
- In the Click-Through Daemon installation directory, run the Click-Through Daemon installation program.
- In the Installation dialog box, review the information, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Java Virtual Machine dialog box, select the software development kit (SDK) that you installed in Requirements for Installing Email Marketing, and then click Next.
NOTE: Make sure that you choose the correct SDK. Selecting the wrong SDK or selecting a JRE results in your being unable to properly start the Click-Through Daemon.
- In the Choose Install Folder dialog box, choose the Click-Through Daemon installation directory, and then click Next.
- Review the Pre-Installation Summary dialog box, and then click Install.
- In the Install Complete dialog box, verify the information, and then click Done.