Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Installing and Administering Segmentation and List Generation > Setting Up Marketing Module Parameters in Siebel Analytics >
Managing Marketing Defaults
The Marketing Defaults page controls the default system parameters for segment and segment tree requests. Each parameter is set for each target level. You can set the following global defaults:
- Default Campaign Load File Format. This option sets the default campaign load format for any new segment or segment tree request. When a user creates a new segment or segment tree, you can view this parameter on the Advanced page in the Segment Designer or Segment Tree Designer.
- Default Global Audience. This option selects the segment to be used as the Global Audience for any new segments or segment trees created using that target level. Users can not remove Global Audiences from their segment or segment tree criteria. For more information about Global Audiences, see Siebel Marketing User Guide.
- Default List Export File Format. This option sets the default list format value that used by the Generate List button on the Segment Designer, and the Generate List menu option on a segment tree branch. This parameter allows the user to generate an output file of actual results from a segment while building segment criteria. The user can override the default value on the Segment Advanced tab if the user wants to use a different list format.
- Default Saved Result Set File Format. This option is used to populate the columns of information for each segment member when storing a saved result set.
- Profile Dashboard. This option controls the dashboard that appears when users click the Counts link in the Segment Designer or Segment Tree Designer.
Below the default fields, the view provides a setting (Enforce Global Audiences in the Segment Designer). When this check box is selected, the Global Audience for each Target Level appears at the bottom of any segments created in the Segment Designer.
Setting Global Marketing Defaults
This section describes how to set global defaults for campaign load formats, segments, or dashboards.
To set Global Marketing Defaults
- Go to Analytics Web and click the Admin link.
- In the Siebel Analytics Administration page, click Manage Marketing Defaults.
Target levels appear in the first column.
- For each Target Level, perform the following steps:
- In the Default Campaign Load File Format, click Browse and select the default format for new segments and segment trees.
- In the Default Global Audience field, click Browse and select the default segment for new segment trees.
- In the Profile Dashboard field, click Browse and select the default report that appears when the user clicks the hyperlinked counts in the Segment Designer or Segment Tree Designer.