Siebel Order Management Guide > Creating and Managing Catalogs > Process of Setting Up Categories >
Removing the Category Item Count
The category item count reflects the total number of items in the category. Certain users might not have access to all of the items in a category. If so, the count would not be accurate for those users.
If this does not meet your needs, you can use Siebel Tools to remove the display of the count from the following applets by making the count inactive:
- Product Catalog RootSubCategory List Applet (eSales)
- Product Catalog SubCategory List Applet (eSales)
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Categories.
To remove the category item count
- In Siebel Tools, lock the eCatalog project.
- Select the Applet object.
- Query for the appropriate applet.
- Select Base, expand the Applet Web Template object, and then select Applet Web Template Item.
The Applet Web Template Items list appears.
- In the Count row, select the Inactive check box.
The Count record text turns red.
- Save the project.
- Compile the .srf file, selecting the Locked projects radio button.