Siebel Order Management Guide > Using Asset-Based Ordering >
Editing Quote Line Items Using Asset-Based Ordering
End users may need to edit line items when creating a new quote, or when returning to an existing quote.
Use the procedure below to do one of the following:
- Edit line item details for a simple product.
- Configure or reconfigure a product with components in a quote an end user is creating in the Quotes screen. If a customer asset exists, Configurator selection pages display the asset adjusted for any open or pending orders.
- Edit the configuration of a product with components in a quote created by modifying an asset or deactivating an installed asset.
NOTE: The following procedure shows how to edit quote line items for an asset owned by an account. In contact-based ABO, the user does not edit quote line items, only order line items.
To edit quote line items
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, click the name of the appropriate account.
- Click the Account Summary view tab.
- In the Quotes list, click the desired Quote Number.
The Quote form appears, displaying details of the quote.
- In the Line Items list, select the line item that you want to edit and change the values of the fields directly in the line item.
The action code of the line item will be changed to Update.
To retain manual discounts, click the Keep Discount check box in the Line Item Detail form.
- To customize an item, select a customizable product in the Line Items list.
The Customize button becomes active.
- Click Customize.
A Configurator session launches and displays selection pages, which the current configuration of the customer asset adjusted for any open orders.
- Modify the configuration of the customizable product or service as needed and click Done.
The revised configuration displays in Line Items.