Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Fleet Management > Overview of Siebel Orders for Fleet Management >
Oracle Fleet Management
Oracle Fleet Management is used to manage a fleet that provides transportation services, such as a fleet of tractors, trailers, and their drivers. It is used to:
- Manage the individual assets.
- Plan the use of the fleet of assets.
- Take orders for the use of the assets
- Dispatch the assets.
- Monitor and track the assets in real time.
- Settle the costs associated with the fleet.
- Manage human resources (drivers) for the fleet.
- Manage the life cycle of the assets.
Oracle Fleet Management involves integration of the following applications:
- Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Order quote and capture
- Oracle Transportation Management. Fleet planning and execution, and driver management
- Enterprise Business Suite Asset Lifecycle Management. Asset definition, management and maintenance
- Enterprise Business Suite Human Resources. Driver human resources, such as scheduling and pay
- Enterprise Business Suite Financials. Settlement, accruals, and financial management
- Application Integration Architecture. Integration using Process Integration Packs
NOTE: It is possible to integrate with other applications instead of with these Oracle applications. For example, you might have a legacy, transportation-management application that you integrate with instead of Oracle Transportation Management. If you have integrated with another transportation-management application, whenever this document mentions Oracle Transportation Management, use this other application instead.