Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide > Data Validation Manager >
Process of Administering Data Validation Rules
To support a given data validation business rule in your organization, you first create a data validation rule set. The rule set is a container which has one or more rule set arguments and one or more validation rules. The rules contain expressions which are evaluated as being true or false. If the expression is evaluated as being false, validation rule actions determine the appropriate error handling behavior.
To administer data validation rules, perform the following tasks:
- Defining Error Messages for Data Validation
- Defining a Data Validation Rule Set
- Defining Rule Set Arguments
- Defining Validation Rules
- Defining Validation Rule Actions
- Activating a Data Validation Rule Set
This process is part of Roadmap for Implementing Data Validation Processing.