Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide > PSP Engine >
Creating a Custom PSP Application
PSP is a general-purpose mechanism that can be used anywhere in the Siebel application. For example, you can create a custom PSP procedure to determine the allowed shipping methods for a line item on an order, or you can create a custom PSP procedure to determine the disclosures that must be read to a customer before the purchase of a product.
Your custom PSP application must include the following:
- Matrix tables, business components, and the administrative UI to capture the rules.
- Signals to invoke the controller workflow. See Signals.
- A controller workflow that establishes the input context and row set and processes the PSP output.
- A PSP procedure that transforms the input row set.
- If necessary, scripted business service methods that extend the set of Row Set Transformation Toolkit business service methods. See Creating a Custom Transform.