Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide > Unified Messaging >
Implementing Multilingual Substituted Text
The UMS automatically translates the Title, Short Text, and Full Text for a message. Payload fields must be either language-independent (such as Price or Product ID), or they must be translated by the message-generation engine. In this case, you must create translatable payload text for the message.
To implement multilingual substituted text
- Add a custom child business component and associated administration view to the payload entity to store the language overrides for each language code.
- Add a calculated field to the payload business component to store the system language.
- Add an outer join from the payload business component to the translation business component with a search specification that matches the parent Id and the system language code.
- Add a joined field for the translated field to the payload business component.
- Add a calculated field that selects the translated text if it is not null or if it otherwise defaults to the default language text in the payload business component (example:
IfNull([Language Text], [Text])).
The message-generation engine uses the calculated field value (example: [Language Text]) to get translated text where available.