Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel Service Provider Portal >
Differences in the Partner Portal and Partner Manager
The overview chapter of Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide describes the screens of the Siebel Partner Portal and the PRM-specific screens of the Siebel Partner Manager. There are a number of differences in the Service Provider Portal and Partner Manager.
Siebel Service Provider Portal
Screens of the Siebel Partner Portal that are not relevant to your work with service providers are removed from the Service Provider Portal. In addition to the screens in Siebel Partner Portal, Siebel Service Provider Portal has added screens with information specific to the insurance industry.
The screens available in the Service Provider Portal are:
- Home Page. Includes a personalized salutation, the My News applet, which displays and allows the user to search for news items, the My Tasks applet, which displays links to common tasks for the user's role, and the Partner Alerts, which displays alerts that you have made available to this partner.
- Claims and Claim Element. Allows service providers to view claims and claim elements that you have shared with them.
- Contacts. Allows service providers to view information about customers that you have shared with them, but only displays limited information such as the customer's address, policies, and claims.
- Info Center. Allows service providers to view literature that you have shared with them
- Partner Locator. Allows service providers to perform searches to find other partners that you have published to the Partner Locator.
- Profile. Allows service providers to enter and maintain information about themselves, which you can view in the Partners screen.
- Self-Service Requests. Allows service providers to enter service requests on their own behalf.
- Solutions. Allows service providers to view solutions to frequently asked questions.
Siebel eInsurance Partner Manager
The Siebel eInsurance Partner Manager, which is used with Siebel Service Provider Portal, is described in Siebel eInsurance Partner Manager.
The Partner Manager can be configured using Siebel Tools to remove screens that are not needed with the Service Provider Portal. For more information about Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools.