Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel Service Provider Portal >
Managing Sales, Service and Marketing
Several chapters of Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide describe possible scenarios that illustrate ways the insurance carrier and partner company might use Siebel PRM to manage sales, service, marketing, and partner commerce. The scenarios are meant to illustrate many possible uses of Siebel PRM.
Most of these scenarios do not apply to the Service Provider Portal:
- Sales. The section of sales scenarios does not apply to the Service Provider Portal.
- Service. In the typical scenario for service requests:
- The provider logs a service request using the Self-Service screen of the Service Provider Portal.
- The provider can also use the Self-Service screen to log a service request on behalf of a customer.
- The carrier views these service requests and responds to them using the Service screen of the Partner Manager.
- The provider views the response using the Self-Service screen of the Service Provider Portal.
- Marketing. The chapter of marketing scenarios does not apply to the Service Provider Portal.
- Partner Commerce. The chapter of scenarios for partner commerce does not apply to the Service Provider Portal.