Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel PRM for Communications, Media, and Energy >
Support for Complex Ordering Process
In the communications, media, and energy industries, it is common for customers to place complex orders, which include both products and services that involve an ongoing relationship with the customer.
After making the purchase, customers may want to change an activated service. For example, customers who buy cell phones and cell phone service may want to upgrade the number of minutes in their plan, may want to add wireless Web to their existing service, or may want to disconnect the service.
Siebel PRM for CME has a number of changes to support these sorts of complex orders and the complex bundles of products and services that customers purchase:
- Common Order Types. The following order types are supported:
- New Order. Used for procurement of new products and services.
- Modify Order. Used to modify existing assets.
- Disconnect. Used to remove an existing asset.
- Supplemental. Used to modify in-flight orders.
- Move Order. Used to move assets from one geographical location to another.
- Support for Service Profile. The brand owner or reseller is able to see all active assets.
- Apply Open Orders. If you are modifying an order, you are able to see the future requested state of that order.
The screens and views of the Partner Manager used for quotes and orders are identical to screens used for the same purposes in Siebel eCommunications and Siebel eEnergy. For more information, see Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications.
The screens and views of the Partner Portal used for quotes and orders include both screens comparable to those used for the corresponding purposes in Siebel eSales and screens comparable to those used for the corresponding purposes in Siebel eCommunications, Siebel eMedia, and Siebel eEnergy. For more information about this order process and the workflows that it uses, see Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications, Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide, and Siebel Communications Guide or Siebel Energy Guide.