Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel Agent Portal > Sharing Data with Partners >
Assigning Households to an Agent
It is useful for agents to know if they have sold multiple policies to members of the same household, because it gives them information about customers background that they can use in future marketing and cross selling.
After adding Households records, you associate them with contact records. Each customer is represented by one contact record. By associating a household record with the contact records of all the people in that household, you allow an agent who is working with one of those contacts to display information about all the other people in that customer's family and the policies that agent has sold them.
NOTE: Households are assigned independently of contacts. When you assign an agent to a household, it does not assign the contacts of that household to that agent.
To assign a household to an agent
- Navigate to the All Households view.
- In the Households list, in the record for the household you want to assign to the agent, click the select button of the Team field.
The Household Team Members dialog box appears.
- In the Household Team Members dialog box, click New to add a new record.
An employees list appears.
- Select the agent employee you want to assign the household, and click OK.
You can also select multiple employees and click OK to add them to the access list.
- In the Household Team Members dialog box, click Close.
The household is visible to these agent employees in the My Households view.
For more information about households, see Siebel Insurance Guide.