Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Working with New Partners > Delegated Administration for Partners >
Delegated Communication Administration for Partners
Delegated communication administration uses two screens, the Communication Administration screen and the Communication Profile view of the User Profile screen.
The Siebel PRM Portal's Communication Administration screen allows the delegated administrator to view communications drivers, such as the drivers used for email. Each driver has parameters that specify how it behaves. For example, the parameters for an email driver may allow the administrator to choose whether the message will be in plain text, whether the From address is required, whether messages are deleted after being processed, and other parameters.
The drivers and parameters in Siebel PRM Portal.
After these drivers have been set up, the Siebel PRM Portal's User Profile screen allows the delegated administrator to associate drivers with partner employees, to specify which drivers each employee uses.
In the User Profile screen, the delegated administrator can also override the default parameters for individual users. For example, for an email driver, the parameter set in the Communication Administration screen may specify that all messages are plain text. In the User Profile screen, the administrator may override this for specific users to allow them to view HTML messages.
For more information about communication administration, see Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
Setting Up Drivers and Parameters
Delegated administrators can use the following procedure to add or set up drivers and parameters.
To set up drivers and parameters
- The partner-delegated administrator navigates to the Administration - Communication screen.
- In the Communications Drivers list, the partner selects a driver.
- In the Driver Parameters list, the partner modifies the parameters for that driver by specifying whether parameters are required and specifying the default value of parameters.
Associating a Driver with Partner Employees
Delegated administrators can use the following procedure to associate a driver with a partner employee.
To associate a driver with partner employees
- The partner delegated administrator navigates to the User Profile screen > Communication Profile view.
- In the Profiles list, the partner clicks New.
- In the Name field of the new record, the partner enters a user's name.
- In the Driver field of the new record, the partner clicks the select button and selects a driver.
- Optionally, to override default parameters for that driver, in the Profile Parameter Overrides list, the partner selects names of parameters and enters new values for the parameters.