Siebel Product Administration Guide > Basic Product Administration > About Managing Product Records >
Copying Product Records
When you copy a product record, all parts of the product definition are included in the copy.
If you copy a customizable product record, the copy includes all the relationships, links, resources, scripts, rules, and user interface of the product version in the workspace.
Use the Copy feature to create product templates. For example, your product line has a two-tiered structure. The first tier contains a half-dozen products that have a similar basic structure. The second tier contains products based on the structure of the products in the first tier.
You could create the first tier by copying a template product with components 6 times. You would then modify each of the copies to form the first tier. These then become the templates you would use to create the second tier.
To copy a product record
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen, and then the Products view.
- In the Products list, select the product you want to copy.
- From the menu, choose Copy Record.
A new record appears.
- Enter a name for the copy in the Product Field.
- Revise other fields, such as Part # as desired.