Siebel Product Administration Guide > Creating Validation Rules for Customizable Products >
About Validation for Customizable Products
The Product Validation view:
- Allows you to validate configurable products using the provided Simple Expression business service.
- Provides the infrastructure for validating products using custom validation business services that that you create.
The product ships with one validation business service, named VORD CPVE Simple Validation, which validates the components that make up a customizable product by using validation expressions.
The Product Validation service can be run in the following ways:
- When the user selects Verify from the Line Item menu of the Quote or Order screens.
- When the user clicks the Verify button within the Siebel Configurator user interface.
- When the user selects Save or Done.
When the user verifies from the Quote or Order screen, the Product Validation service is run in conjunction with other verification services. The messages it generates appear with the messages from those services.
The messages from the Product Validation business service do not prevent the user from continuing, past the messages.
The Product Validation provides two key benefits:
- It provides the architecture to create custom validation business services that are processed in conjunction with all other customizable product behavior. Depending on how the custom service is written, it could use rules written in an administration applet, or it may have the validation logic hard-coded into the script.
- It fires only when called by clicking the Done, Save, or Verify button, so it makes batch validation possible in a Siebel Configurator session. Product validation rules are not fired every time the selection changes, as Configuration constraints are.
NOTE: Product validation uses the Projected Asset Cache, which contains the customer's current assets, current open order lines and the line items from the current quote. For more information about the Projected Asset Cache, see Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide.