Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Expense Reporting > Administrator Procedures for Expense Reporting >
Creating Expense Types
Your Siebel application comes with default expense types, such as Airfare and Car Rental. Users select from these expense types in drop-down lists in expense report views. You can add more expense types to suit your company's expense report needs.
For more information on configuring lists of values, see Siebel Applications Administration Guide. For information on using lists of values for a global deployment, see Siebel Global Deployment Guide.
The following procedure explains how to add a new expense type.
To create a new expense type
- Navigate to the Administration - Data screen > List of Values view.
- In the List of Values list, click Query.
- Enter EXP_ITEM_TYPE in the Type field, and then click Go.
- Note the values for each field in a sample record.
- In the List of Values list, create a new record.
- In the new record, enter EXP_ITEM_TYPE in the Type field.
- In the Display Value and Language-Independent Code fields, enter the name of the new expense type.
- In the Translate field, make sure the check box is selected.
- In the Language Name field, click the select button, select the appropriate language from the Language Name dialog box, and then click OK.
- In the Active field, make sure the check box is selected.
- Complete the necessary fields.
- Click Clear Cache.
NOTE: After creating an new expense type, you must map it to an Actuate report category to make it available for use. For information about how to do this, see Mapping Expense Types to Actuate Report Categories.