Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Expense Reporting > Administrator Procedures for Expense Reporting >
Adding or Modifying Available Periods
When creating an expense report, a user selects the time period the expense report covers. Similarly, a user who is filling out a time sheet also selects a time period that the time sheet covers. The same time periods are available for expense reports and time sheets. By default, the Pick Period dialog box displays only periods of the type Week, some of which are supplied with the application. If using a period of type Week does not suit your implementation, you can use Siebel Tools to specify a new Period Type or to allow users to pick from multiple Period Types.
The Period Type of Week is specified in three places in the repository:
- Search-Spec of applet 'Period Pick Applet-Open': [Closed Flag] = 'N' AND [Period Type] = LookupValue("PERIOD_TYPE", "Week")
- Time Sheet business component user properties: Period Type = Week
- Expense business component user properties: Period Type = Week
If you need a Period Type other than Week, then each of these items must be modified in Siebel Tools to indicate the new Period Type. You must use the same value for the time sheet period type and the expense period type.
NOTE: The AutoGen feature for both time sheets and expense reports uses the default period type as defined in the Time Sheet and Expense Report business components. Users who create expense reports or time sheets manually can choose from the period types that are specified in the search-spec for the applet Period Pick Applet-Open.
The following procedure summarizes how to change the period type available for expense reports and time sheets, or how to make additional period types available. For more information on using Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools and Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
To change or add a period type for expense reports and time sheets
- In Siebel Tools, modify the search specification of the applet Period Pick Applet-Open.
For example, if you want to allow users to pick from two different period types such as Weeks and Months, then the search specification would be as follows:
[Closed Flag] = 'N' AND ([Period Type] = LookupValue("PERIOD_TYPE", "Week") OR [Period Type] = LookupValue("PERIOD_TYPE", "Month"))
- Modify the value of the business component user property Period Type in the Time Sheet business component.
- Modify the value of the business component user property Period Type in the Expense business component.
- Recompile the repository.
NOTE: For more information about administering period types, see Siebel Applications Administration Guide.