Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Project Management > End-User Procedures for Project Management >
Providing Access to a Project
This version of Siebel Professional Services Automation lets end users specify one of three different levels of access to information for each project. The access level for a Project is set in the Access Type field of the Projects More Info form. Available values are as follows:
- Private. Only users who are specified on the project access list can view and modify project information.
- Public. Each member of the organization can view and modify project information.
- Public Read Only. Each member of the organization can view project information, but only those who are specified on the access list can modify information.
By default, the creator of a project is automatically added to the access list as the Primary member of the list. It is required that a project access list always have one Primary member. The Primary designation can be moved from one user to another, but any user who currently holds the Primary designation cannot be removed from the access list.
To have any user except the project creator be able to view and modify information on a Private project, or to have any user except the project creator to be able to modify information on a Public Read Only project, end users can add that person's user ID to the project access list. The following procedure explains how to do this.
To grant access to a project
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record to which access will be granted.
- Click the Access view tab.
- In the Access list, click New.
- In the Add Employees dialog box that appears, select the employee or employees who should have access to this project and then click OK.