Siebel Public Sector Guide > Managing Investigative Cases > Creating an Incident Report >
Adding Account Information to Incidents
This task is a step in Process of Managing Investigative Cases.
Offenses can be committed against a person, a company (account), or against both. Examples of when an account would be a victim are someone setting fire to a warehouse, breaking windows, or stealing money from a bank or store. If someone is hurt during such an incident, there are two victims; a person and an account.
When creating an incident report, users can specify the type of victim using the Victim Type field in the Incidents screen > Incident List > More Info view.
To associate an account with an incident
- Navigate to the Incidents screen > Incident List view.
- Select an incident record and drill down on the Incident Summary field.
- Click the Accounts view tab.
- Create a new record or click Add to select an existing contact.
See the Siebel Applications Administration Guide for more information about creating account records.
- (Optional) If you want to associate an offense with each account record:
- Select the appropriate account in the Accounts list.
- Scroll down, click the Offense view tab, and create a new record.
The offenses available for selection from the Offense Name field are those which have already been added in the Incidents screen > Incidents List > Offenses view. See Adding Offense Information to Incidents for more information.