Siebel Public Sector Guide > Managing Investigative Cases > Creating an Incident Report >
Adding Items of Evidence to Incidents
This task is a step in Process of Managing Investigative Cases.
Users can create new records using the Incident screen's Evidence view to track items of evidence that are associated with a particular incident.
To add items of evidence to an incident
- Navigate to the Incidents screen > Incident List view.
- Select an incident record and drill down on the Incident Summary field.
- Click the Evidence view tab.
- Create a new record and complete the fields as appropriate.
See Tracking Evidence Items for more information about the fields in this view.
NOTE: You can drill down on the Evidence Name field to navigate to the Evidence screen and add further details about the item of evidence. If you add related evidence records, these are also displayed in the Incidents screen > Incident List > Evidence view.
- (Optional) Click the Regenerate All button if you want to regenerate the serial number assigned to the selected evidence record.
Each time you click Regenerate All, the counter at the end of the serial number increments to the next available number. See Generating New Serial Numbers for Cases, Leads, and Evidence for more information.