Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Alternative Report Creation Strategies >
Using a Custom Component Library
If you create a design component and child components that will prove useful in similar reports, you can create a custom component library that allows you to reuse these components. An example of a custom component library is the ssQuote.rol library used in various quote reports, including Quotestd.rod, Quotepro.rod, and Quosum.rod.
Typically, this technique is used to reuse page header, page footer, or content frames containing a number of labels and data controls, but any component and its children can be published in this fashion for reuse.
To create a custom component library
- In Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, open the report design that contains the components you want to publish in the custom library.
- From the application-level menu, choose Tools, and then the Library Organizer menu item.
The Library Organizer window appears.
- Click New.
- Specify the destination folder and filename.
The destination folder is $\Siebel\RPTSRC\ENU\LIB (or equivalent), and the filename must begin with ss, to designate it as a Siebel custom library and distinguish its name from those of the datastream libraries.
For more information about the ENU directory, see About Language Extensions.
- Click Save.
- Click OK in the Library Organizer dialog box.
Note that the new library is added to the tree in the Libraries window.
- Drag and drop a desired parent component, such as a content frame, from either the Report Structure or Layout window onto the top-level library component in the Libraries window.
The Component Drop dialog box appears.
- Make sure the Publish the component radio button is chosen, and then click OK.
The component you published and its children are added to the library. Their names in the report design file are changed to light gray, indicating that they are now subclassed components from the version in the library.