Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Using Actuate e.Report Designer to Create Reports >
Creating Reports Using Report Libraries
To create reports using Siebel Report Libraries (sssiebel.rol file) in Actuate e.Report Designer, perform the following tasks.
The Actuate solution to allow Siebel reporting in Actuate e.Report Designer is based on two files, siebel_report_building.xml and wizard.rod.
These files reside on the system drive. The following locations are examples of where to locate these files:
- C:\Program Files\siebel\8.x.x\Tools\RPTSRC\siebel_report_building.xml
- C:\Program Files\siebel\sea8.x.x\Tools\RPTSRC\STANDARD\wizard.rod
Using these files, administrators can use Actuate e.Report Designer without any additional changes.
You can also develop simple reports in Actuate e.Report Designer, based on new or existing reports.
Creating a New Report
This topic describes how to create a new report in Actuate e.Report Designer.
To create a new report in Actuate e.Report Designer
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer.
- From the application-level menu, choose Tools, Options, and then click the General tab.
- In the Configuration file section, click the browse button, indicated with an ellipsis, then locate and choose the siebel_report_building.xml file, usually located in the $\Siebel\RPTSRC directory.
- Click Open.
- Click the Global Search Path tab in the Options dialog box.
- Click New, and then click the browse button, indicated with an ellipsis.
- Navigate to $\Siebel\RPTSRC\ENU\LIB.
For more information about the ENU directory, see About Language Extensions.
- Click Open, and then click OK to close the Options window.
- From the application-level menu, choose File, New, and then click Siebel Report Template in the Create New Report dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Include custom libraries and controls, as necessary.
Enabling an Existing Report
This topic describes how to enable an existing report in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
To enable an existing report in Actuate e.Report Designer
- Perform the procedure described in Step 1 through Step 8 in the topic Creating a New Report.
- From the application-level menu, choose File, and then Open.
- Locate and open an existing Siebel report, such as from the $\Siebel\RPTSRC\STANDARD.
NOTE: To recompile ROX files separately, you must use the Build and Run command in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
Custom controls and custom code must be added in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional first before using them in Actuate e.Report Designer.