Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Process of Creating a Custom Report With Actuate e.Report Designer Professional >
Creating a Design File For a Custom Report
A report design file defines the layout and behavior for one report. In this example, you create a new report design from scratch.
This task is a step in Process of Creating a Custom Report With Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
To create a design file for a custom report
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
- From the application-level menu, choose File, and then New.
- In the Create New Report dialog box, choose Blank Report then click OK.
An empty report design appears.
- From the application-level menu, choose View, and then the Project Browser menu item.
- In the Project window, expand the Symbols tree, and then expand the Class NewReportApp Subclass Of AcReport tree.
- Delete the Class Report Subclass of AcReport component.
- Delete the Class SimplePageList Subclass of AcSimplePageList component.
It is recommended that you delete library components through the Project Browser. Deleting through the Project Browser makes sure these components are completely deleted from the report.
- Include the following libraries:
You can now rename and then save the newly created report. For more information, see Renaming, then Saving a Custom Report.