Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Reports Development Environment >
Additional Siebel-Actuate Reporting Information
This section covers various additional information that pertains to reporting in Siebel applications.
About the Actuate e.Report Designer Professional and Siebel Tools Installation
Note the following points about software installation:
Be aware of the following configuration file parameters in tools.cfg (the configuration file for Siebel Tools):
- ActuateDevWBDir. Specifies the location of the Actuate e.Report Designer Professional software.
- TemplateDestDir. Specifies the directory location where data supply library files are created when they are exported from Siebel Tools. The default is C:\program files\siebel\8.0\tools\RTPSRC\ENU\LIB. For more information about the enu directory, see About Language Extensions.
The following parameter in the configuration file for each Siebel application must be set as indicated:
Setting Internal Basic Source Encoding
After Actuate e.Report Designer is installed, the setting for Internal Basic source encoding must be set to Unicode (UCS-2LE).
To make sure Internal Basic source encoding is set properly
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
- From the application-level menu, choose Tools, Options, and then click the General tab.
- In the Internal Basic source encoding section, make sure Unicode (UCS-2LE) is chosen.