Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Using Master-Detail Reports > Process of Creating a Report With a Parent-Child Relationship >
Creating a Design File for a Parent-Child Report
This task is a step in Process of Creating a Report With a Parent-Child Relationship.
In this exercise, a new report design is created from scratch, using library components.
To create a design file for a parent-child report
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
- Open the srvreqaa.rod report design.
This design appears in the Siebel client as Service Request Activity - All.
- When prompted, locate and include the sssrvreq.rol library file from the $\Siebel\RPTSRC\LIB or equivalent folder.
The library path is updated and results in modifications being made to the srvreqaa.rod file.
- From the application-level menu, choose File, Save All, File, and then Close Design.
The srvreqaa.rod report and your new Account - Opportunity/Contact Detail report share components from this library. If any customizations take place in either report, the component is subclassed first to keep the changes local to one report.
- Complete the procedure described in Creating a Design File For a Custom Report, except include the following libraries:
- sssrvreq.rol, a custom component library that contains the page header and line detail used for the opportunity subreport you are creating.
- acopcon.rol, which is the file you created in Siebel Tools in the procedure in Creating Object Definitions For a Parent-Child Report.
- Complete the procedure described in Renaming, then Saving a Custom Report with the following modifications:
- When renaming the NewReportApp top-level object, enter acopcon into the Rename window.
- When setting the ssReportTitle property, enter Account - Opty/Contact Detail.
- When saving the file, name it acopcon.rod.