Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Using Master-Detail Reports > Process of Creating a Report With a Parent-Child Relationship >
Defining Parent Controls For a Parent-Child Report
This task is a step in Process of Creating a Report With a Parent-Child Relationship.
To define parent controls for a parent-child report
- Complete the procedure described in Defining Content Controls for a Custom Report using the following modifications:
- Rename Content - ssRpt to ssRptAccount rather than ssReportOpportunity.
- Instead of adding the ssFrm component to the Content slot, add the ssGrp component to the Content slot.
- Subclass Content - ssGr, and then rename it to ssGrpAccount.
- Make sure you complete the procedure by adding the datastream component.
- Right-click the ssGrpAccount tree, and then choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, enter ssName into the Key property.
- Drag and drop the ssSeq library component from the Libraries window onto the ssGrpAccount tree in the Report Structure window.
- When prompted, click Use As Content.
This provides the sequential section that causes the subreports to execute in sequence.
- Subclass the ssSeq component, and then rename it to ssSeqAccount.
- Drag and drop the ssRpt component from the Libraries window onto the ssSeqAccount tree in the Report Structure window.
- Subclass the component you added in Step 7, and then rename it to ssRptOpportunity.
- Repeat Step 7 through Step 8, this time renaming the component to ssRptContact.
- From the application-level menu, choose File, and then Save.