Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Sorting Report Records >
Examining a Report Sorted on a Multi-Value Field (MVF)
A good MVF-sorted report to study is the Opportunities by Sales Rep report, which is invoked in the Opportunities screen (typically from the My Opportunities filter). Examine the report output in Siebel Sales, and the report design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, leaving both open to compare them.
To generate the By Sales Rep report
- Open the Siebel client.
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen, and then the Opportunities List view.
- If there are no opportunities in the list, create one now.
- From the application-level menu, click Reports, and then choose the By Sales Rep menu item.
The report opens in a separate Siebel Report Viewer window.
- With the ALT key depressed, tap the TAB key to navigate to the Siebel Report Viewer window, and then examine the report layout.
Next, open the report design for the By Sales Rep report.
To open the report design for the By Sales Rep report
- In Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, open the opslsrep.rod file.
For more information, see Opening a Standard Siebel Report.
- Examine the report design, comparing design components to their corresponding features in the report output in the Siebel Report Viewer.
Right-click components to view their property values.
Note the following features of this report design: