Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Reporting in the Siebel Web Clients >
Changing the Locale and Language for Reports
If you need to designate a language and locale that are different from the ones your Siebel application is using, change the report parameters in User Preferences.
NOTE: The corresponding language pack must be installed on the Siebel Reports Server to use this feature.
To change the locale and language for reports
- From the application-level menu in the Siebel client, choose Tools, and then User Preferences.
- Choose Report Parameters from the link bar.
The Report Parameters form applet appears.
- Click the select button for the Locale field, and then choose a locale from the list.
The locale chosen will designate the locale setting to use for formatting and displaying report data.
- Click OK to save the locale.
- Click the select button for the Language field, and then choose a language from the list.
The language selected will designate the language of the static text that displays in the report.
- Click OK to save the language.
The language and locale of the report are generated independently of the locale in which the user is currently running Siebel Business Applications. The language and locale of reports will remain as selected until changed on the Reports Parameter view.
If no strings are found for the language and locale, labels and properties are defaulted to the original ROD file values for that report.