Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Reporting in the Siebel Web Clients > About Reports in the Siebel Web Client >
Scheduling Reports in the Siebel Web Client
Scheduling reports is also possible by using the Reports menu, and then selecting the Schedule Report menu item. The Schedule Report window that appears includes a drop-down listing that allows you to select the report you are scheduling.
The Schedule a Report window allows you to specify the time and date when the report is run and select the option to generate the report with a recurring frequency.
TIP: Make sure to set the time for sometime in the future because the default value is in the past.
To schedule an report in the Siebel client
- In the Siebel client, click the Reports button, and then choose Schedule Report.
- In the Schedule a Report dialog box, choose the report you want to schedule from the drop-down list, and then click Schedule.
You can schedule a report for one-time or periodic generation.
- In the Schedule this job section of the Schedule tab, click one time, and then set the date and time parameters for your report request.
If a report is scheduled for a one-time generation, the default time is the current time plus an additional ten minutes.
You can also click the Right now radio button to schedule the report to run immediately, or the Recurring radio button to run the report on a recurring basis. If set as recurring, choose how often you want the report to run and enter the parameter values for the starting and ending dates.
- Click the Output tab.
- (Optional) Accept the default or change the document and version names.
- (Optional) If the report file with the same name already exists, choose either Create a new version or Replace the latest version.
You can also specify the number of versions of the report that you would like to keep on the Siebel Reports Server.
- Click Submit.
After a moment, the Action status window appears.
- Click Job Status to view detailed information about the report, including the output document's file name and the folder where the document is stored.
Choosing Cancel Job or Delete Schedule will delete the scheduled report request.
- Click Close to close the window.
After the report is scheduled, you can examine the My Jobs view to check job status.