Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Managing the Siebel Reports Server >
Increasing the Maximum Number of Factory Processes
Increasing the maximum number of factory processes allows for increased scalability when using the Siebel Reports Server. The number to use is dependent on the number of CPUs that are available to the Siebel Reports Server. Maximum factories for synchronous and asynchronous jobs must be set based on your business requirements and hardware availability. This is applicable for all platforms.
To increase the maximum number of factory processes
- Launch the Actuate Management Console.
- For more information, see Log out of the Actuate Management Console.
- Click System Resource Groups, and then choose Default Sync for synchronous jobs or Default Async for asynchronous jobs.
- Click Server Assignments.
- Change the Max Factories field as required by the business process, and then click OK.
- Log out of the Actuate Management Console.