Siebel Server Sync Guide > Setting Up and Using Embedded Outlook Calendar > Process of Setting Up Embedded Outlook Calendar >
Enabling Embedded Outlook Calendar Visibility
This topic describes how to allow user visibility to the Embedded Outlook Calendar.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Embedded Outlook Calendar.
To allow user visibility to the Embedded Outlook Calendar, the following conditions must be true:
- An administrator must map the Outlook user to a Siebel user login. To do this, see Process of Setting SSSE Group and User Access Controls.
- The Siebel user must have a responsibility that includes the HI Activity Outlook Calendar View. You can accomplish this task in one of the following ways:
- Assign the HI Activity Outlook Calendar View to an existing responsibility that is already assigned to the desired users.
- Assign the Embedded Outlook Calendar responsibility to the desired users. See the following procedure.
- The copy of Microsoft Outlook on the user's computer must be configured to use the user's profile by default, rather than prompting the user to select a profile.
- There must be a trust relationship between the Active Directory domain in which the EOC user's computer runs and the domain in which the EOC user's Microsoft Exchange Server runs. The user must also log into the computer using the PIM User Identifier specified for the user in the User Map of the Siebel application. For additional information, see Mapping Individual Users and Mapping Multiple Users.
If the previous conditions are true, then users are able to access their Microsoft Outlook calendars from the Calendar tab of the Siebel application; however this does not mean that their Microsoft Outlook calendars are synchronized with their Siebel calendars. To set calendar and user synchronization, see Setting Siebel Domain-Level Synchronization and Enabling or Disabling User Synchronization.
NOTE: If you want the user to have access to only the Embedded Outlook Calendar, then you must remove the HI Activity Calendar View, eCalendar Daily View, eCalendar Weekly View, and eCalendar Monthly View from the user's responsibilities.
The following procedure describes how to allow user visibility to the Embedded Outlook Calendar.
To assign Embedded Outlook Calendar responsibility to a user
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, then the Responsibilities view.
- In the Responsibilities list, select the Embedded Outlook Calendar record.
- In the Users list, click New, and then select a user.