Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components >
Process of Installing and Configuring Servers in a Siebel Deployment
The Siebel Enterprise Server installation and configuration process requires multiple tasks that you perform in the following general sequence. For a general illustration of this process and of the Siebel architecture, see Overview of Installing and Configuring Servers in a Siebel Deployment.
Installation tasks for Siebel Enterprise Server are described in this chapter. Configuration tasks and postinstallation tasks are described in Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components.
- Review Siebel Enterprise Server installation requirements. See Requirements for Siebel Enterprise Server Installation and Configuration.
- (Strongly recommended for production environments) Configure clustering for the server on which you will install the Siebel Gateway Name Server. For more information, see Siebel Deployment Planning Guide.
- Verify connectivity to the Siebel Database. See Configuring Connectivity to the Siebel Database.
- Verify Siebel Server network access. See Verifying Network Connectivity for the Siebel Server Machine.
- Install and configure the Siebel Enterprise Server components. See Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components.
Installation and configuration may be done together or separately, and may follow any of several methods, depending on your deployment requirements.
The major installation and configuration tasks are:
- Install and configure Siebel Gateway Name Server
- Configure Siebel Enterprise
- Configure Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) logical profile
- Install and configure Siebel Server
- Install Database Configuration Utilities on the Siebel Server (typically installed with the first Siebel Server)
- Install the Siebel Database (not applicable for upgrade environments or other environments with an existing Siebel Database)
- For Siebel native load balancing, generate the load balancing configuration file (lbconfig.txt) and place it in the SWSE logical profile directory
- Install and configure SWSE (apply the SWSE logical profile)
- (Optional) Configure the Siebel Gateway Name Server and Siebel Server to start automatically. For details, see: