Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Preparing to Install Siebel Business Applications > General Considerations in Planning Your Siebel Deployment >
Creating the Siebel Service Owner Account
This topic is part of General Considerations in Planning Your Siebel Deployment.
The Siebel Enterprise Server requires that you create a standard UNIX system user account. This account must be available on each Siebel Server in your Enterprise under which Siebel processes and components operate.
Use the following guidelines to create the Siebel service owner account:
- The Siebel service owner account must be defined or available on each applicable server machine: on the Siebel Gateway Name Server, on each Siebel Server in the Enterprise, and on any machine on which the Siebel File System exists.
- Create the Siebel service owner account at the network level, using an appropriate administration tool for your UNIX platform, so that the same account can be used for all UNIX servers within the Siebel Enterprise Server. Make sure that the numeric values for uid and gid match across the various machines.
- Determine what the Siebel service owner account name and password will be, and record this information in your copy of the worksheet in Deployment Planning Worksheet. (For security reasons, you may prefer not to record the password.) See also Siebel Security Guide.
- The Siebel service owner account password must not require a change on next logon and must be set not to expire.
- The Siebel service owner account name or password cannot contain any spaces.