Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring the Siebel Database >
Process of Configuring the Siebel Database
Configuring the Siebel Database on the RDBMS requires multiple tasks that you perform in the sequence described below. Some of these topics will have already been performed as described in other chapters, and are identified here to provide contextual information. Additional installation and configuration tasks also apply, which are described in other applicable chapters.
- Review About the Siebel Database and the Database Configuration Utilities.
- Fill out your copy of the worksheet in Deployment Planning Worksheet with all RDBMS-specific information.
- Create and configure the database instance. You would have already performed this task, as described in Configuring the RDBMS.
CAUTION: In an upgrade environment, or in another environment where you have an existing Siebel Database, you generally do not perform any of the tasks mentioned in the above chapter. In particular, you do not create the database instance on the RDBMS. However, after the upgrade is complete, you may need to modify database parameters for your RDBMS platform to match settings described in the above chapter. For more information, see About Installing in Upgrade Environments.
- Review the information provided in Requirements for Siebel Database Configuration.
- Install the Database Configuration Utilities software on the Siebel Server and review the installation. You would have already performed these tasks, as described in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components.
- If required for your multilingual deployment, reset the Global Time Zone parameter. See Setting Up Your Environment to Support Global Time Zone.
- Create the table owner and administrator accounts. See Creating Table Owner and Administrator Accounts.
- (DB2 UDB only) Install stored procedures and user-defined functions on the RDBMS. See Installing the Stored Procedures and User-Defined Functions on DB2 UDB.
- Run the Database Configuration Wizard to configure the Siebel Database on the RDBMS, and perform related tasks. See Configuring the Siebel Database on the RDBMS.
- Install tables, indexes, and seed data in the Siebel Database. See Installing the Siebel Database Components. This task also installs the Siebel Repository. The seed data and repository data installed using this task are for the primary language only.
- Review the database installation log for errors. See Reviewing the Log Files for Siebel Database Installation.
- Review the setting for the system preference Enterprise DB Server Code Page. See Verifying System Preferences and Other Settings for Database Code Page.
- If you are deploying multiple languages, install multilingual seed data into the Siebel Database. Do this for each language in your deployment. See the information about adding a language to an existing Siebel Database in Installing the Siebel Database Components.
- If you are deploying multiple languages, import multilingual repository data into the repository tables in the Siebel Database. Do this for each language in your deployment. See the information about adding a language to an existing repository in Importing a Siebel Repository into the Siebel Database.
- Populate the Siebel File System. See Populating the Siebel File System.