Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components >
Starting the Siebel Server Services
This topic is part of Postinstallation Tasks for Siebel Server.
If you did not select automatic Siebel Server start-up, you must start the Siebel Server services manually after you finish installation of the Siebel Server.
If you will be clustering a particular server, you must start and stop it using the Cluster Administrator, rather than using the following procedure.
This procedure is not necessary if you selected automatic start-up during configuration.
To manually start the Siebel Server service
- Navigate to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services.
- On the Services dialog box, scroll to the Siebel Server service. The name of the service has the following format:
Siebel Server siebelenterprise_siebelserver
- siebelenterprise = The name of your Siebel Enterprise
- siebelserver = The name of the Siebel Server you have just installed and configured
- To start the service, select Action, then Start.
NOTE: If the Siebel Server service does not start, look in the installation logs for error messages. The installation log is called SVRsetup.log and is located in the Siebel Server root directory. You can also check log\sw_cfg_util.log.