Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > Verifying the ODBC Data Source >
Verifying the ODBC Data Source for DB2 UDB
This topic is part of Verifying the ODBC Data Source.
The Siebel Server installation program automatically creates an ODBC system data source name (DSN) that it uses to connect to the Siebel Database on the RDBMS. Prior to verifying the Siebel Server ODBC data source, make sure that the Siebel Server service is started.
Information in this topic applies also to virtual ODBC data sources in a clustered environment.
CAUTION: Do not change the default settings created automatically with the ODBC data source.
For more information about the ODBC data source, see Planning RDBMS Installation and Configuration.
NOTE: For information about verifying the ODBC data source for DB2 UDB for z/OS, see Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS.
To verify the ODBC data source for DB2 UDB for UNIX and Windows (on Windows)
- Navigate to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Data Sources (ODBC).
- On the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box, select the System DSN tab.
- Review the data source name; its default name is EnterpriseName_DSN, where EnterpriseName is the name you gave the Siebel Enterprise during its configuration.
- Record the name of the ODBC data source in Deployment Planning Worksheet if you have not already done so.
- Select the data source EnterpriseName_DSN, and click Configure.
A DB2 Message box appears to let you know your connection status.
If you are not connected, you will be prompted about whether you want to connect now to the data source.
- Click Yes.
The Connect to DB2 Database screen appears.
- Type your user ID and passwords into the applicable fields and click OK.
If the connection is valid, you will see a message box confirming the connection.
If the connection could not be made, see Verifying Network Connectivity for the Siebel Server Machine and Troubleshooting the ODBC Data Source Connection.
- From the Windows command prompt, navigate to SIEBEL_ROOT\siebsrvr\BIN and execute the following command:
ODBC_DSN /u database_account_name /p password