Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > Troubleshooting Siebel Enterprise Server Installation and Configuration >
Troubleshooting Siebel Server Installation and Configuration
This topic is part of Troubleshooting Siebel Enterprise Server Installation and Configuration.
This topic describes potential errors that can result from a faulty installation or configuration of Siebel Server. Such problems can have any of several causes.
Causes listed below are among the most common:
- Insufficient user privileges. For information about setting up appropriate administrative user privileges to install, see Preparing to Install Siebel Business Applications.
- Trying to install or configure the Siebel Server out of sequence. For the required installation sequence, see Preparing to Install Siebel Business Applications.
- Failure to install required hardware or software. Installation errors related to software requirements are logged in the Siebel Enterprise Server installer log file. For prerequisites, see Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network.
- Problem: The following error messages occur in an Enterprise supported by an MS SQL Server database:
- Problem: The Siebel Server does not start after configuration.
Solution a: Verify that the Siebel Gateway Name Server was started. Start it if it was stopped.
Solution b: Verify that the values input during configuration were valid.
Solution c: Verify that you have sufficient system privileges to start the service. For more information, see Creating the Siebel Service Owner Account.