Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > Configuring Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server >
About Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server
This topic is part of Configuring Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server.
This topic provides background information about configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server.
NOTE: Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Management Server includes steps for specifying Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for communications between components. Before configuring, review topics about SSL encryption in Siebel Security Guide.
The following port numbers are used by default by components of the Siebel Management Framework, and can be changed in the Configuration Wizard for Siebel Management Agent or Management Server:
- Siebel Management Agent: port 1199 (RMI registry)
- Siebel Management Server: port 1099 (RMI registry)
- Siebel Diagnostic Tool: port 8080
Anticipate whether you may have port number conflicts with other components on individual machines and take steps to avoid conflicts. For example, the Siebel Charts server also uses port 1099. For more information, see Installing Siebel Charts.
NOTE: As noted in Using Perl Scripts to Register Additional Siebel Management Agents and Configure Siebel ADM, XML files output by Perl scripts assume the default Management Agent port number of 1199.
Process of Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Management Server
Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server consists of the following activities:
- (For Siebel Diagnostic Tool deployments only) Create the Siebel user for Siebel Diagnostic Tool. See Creating the Siebel User for Siebel Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the Management Agent Configuration Wizard after installing each instance of Management Agent. See Configuring Siebel Management Agent.
- Run the Management Server Configuration Wizard after installing Management Server. Part of this task means registering each Management Agent with the Management Server.