Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > Launching the Siebel Configuration Wizard >
Configuration Wizard Syntax Elements
This topic is part of Launching the Siebel Configuration Wizard.
This topic describes the command-line syntax for launching the Configuration Wizard.
NOTE: For additional command-line options, see Command-Line Options for Siebel Installers and Wizards.
The command-line syntax for launching the Configuration Wizard includes the following elements:
- LANG=language. The language code (such as FRA for French) in which you want to run the Configuration Wizard. The language must be one of those you installed with the software.
If the LANG flag is not used, the language for the Configuration Wizard session comes from the setting of the
SIEBEL_LANGUAGE environment variable. Otherwise, the language comes from the current operating system locale.
NOTE: Configuration Wizard shortcuts created on Windows include this flag, which is set to the language in which the installation was performed.
See also The Language in Which Siebel Installers and Wizards Run.
- VISIBILITY=visibility_mode. Either ENTERPRISE (for Enterprise mode) or SMB (for SMB mode, for small-to-medium businesses). Enterprise visibility mode is the default.
NOTE: SMB visibility mode is not supported for Configuration Wizards for Siebel Management Agent or Siebel Management Server. These wizards always run in Enterprise visibility mode. For more information about SMB mode, see Installing Using the Siebel FastTrack Wizard.
- MODE=mode. LIVE (for live mode, the default), RECORD (for offline mode, also known as record mode), or EXECUTE (for execute mode).
NOTE: Offline mode and execute mode are not supported for the Database Configuration Wizard, Management Agent Configuration Wizard, or Management Server Configuration Wizard. These wizards always run in live mode.
- Live mode. Live mode is the default. In live mode, wizards for configuring Siebel Enterprise Server components connect directly to the Siebel Gateway Name Server (for products that also support offline mode).
- Offline mode. Offline mode saves your configuration into an XML response file, which you can execute later using execute mode.
In offline mode, you are prompted to save a configuration response file with one of the following default file names (derived from the model file names):
- Siebel Configuration Wizard (Enterprise Configuration) = default_enterprise_console.xml
- Siebel Server Configuration Wizard = default_siebel_server.xml
- SWSE Configuration Wizard = default_swse_server.xml
- Execute mode. Execute mode (also referred to as unattended configuration mode) executes an XML response file you previously saved using offline mode. Running the Configuration Wizard in execute mode requires you to specify the name of the configuration response file you are executing. Screens that would normally display are not displayed, because the applicable data is already stored in the response file.
To run the Configuration Wizard in execute mode, launch it from the command line with the necessary arguments, as shown in the example in Procedures for Launching Configuration Wizards. You can also use a Windows shortcut that you created or customized for this purpose.
To run the wizard in execute mode automatically after unattended installation, you would edit the product's siebel.ini file to launch configuration using the specified configuration response file. For more information, see Installing and Configuring in Unattended and Console Modes.
NOTE: A response file you save in offline mode does not store the visibility mode. When you run the Configuration Wizard in execute mode, the visibility mode must be consistent with the visibility mode used when you generated the response file in offline mode. Enterprise visibility mode is the default.
- IN_RESPONSE_FILE=response_file. The name of the configuration response file you are executing. This option is used only for execute mode, where supported. In offline mode, you save a configuration response file to be executed later in execute mode.
NOTE: The IN_RESPONSE_FILE option is never used in conjunction with the MODEL_FILE option.
- MODEL_FILE=model_file. The name of the model file, which controls the screens displayed in the wizard. If no model file is specified, when the wizard starts you are prompted to specify which model file to use.
For details on the available options, see Configuration Wizards and Associated Model Files.
- REPEAT=TRUE (default) or REPEAT=FALSE. The Configuration Wizard runs by default in repeat mode (REPEAT=TRUE), so you can perform multiple configuration tasks in the same session.
For example, after installing the Siebel Gateway Name Server, you can configure the Gateway Name Server, and then configure the Siebel Enterprise and the SWSE logical profile, before you exit the wizard.
If REPEAT=FALSE, the wizard exits after a configuration task completes. This setting may be appropriate to use if you edit the siebel.ini file to automatically launch unattended configuration (where the Configuration Wizard runs using execute mode) after installation. For more information, see Installing and Configuring in Unattended and Console Modes.
For the Management Agent and Management Server Configuration Wizards, REPEAT=FALSE is recommended.