Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Creating the Siebel Installation Image on the Network > Creating a Siebel Installation Image >
Running Siebel Image Creator in Console Mode
This topic is part of Creating a Siebel Installation Image.
This topic describes how to run Siebel Image Creator in console mode. See also Running Siebel Image Creator in GUI Mode.
To run Siebel Image Creator in console mode
- Review the information presented in Obtaining Siebel Installation Media Files and Siebel Installation Media Contents.
- Review the issues described in Preparing to Create a Siebel Installation Image. In particular, determine where the Siebel media files reside and where to create the Siebel image.
- (For download customers) Obtain the Siebel media ZIP files, as described in Obtaining Siebel Installation Media Files. Then extract the JAR files from the ZIP files.
- Log on to the server on which you will run the Siebel Image Creator utility.
- From a DOS prompt, navigate to the directory where you placed the Siebel media JAR files and the Image Creator utility and its related files.
- Execute the following command:
Windows_ImageCreator.exe -is:javaconsole -console
The console mode user interface for Image Creator appears. For details about each prompt, see Running Siebel Image Creator in GUI Mode.
NOTE: If you need to force overwriting of existing files in a Siebel Image Creator session, include the options
-args Overwrite=yes. There must be no spaces before and after the equals sign in the command. (The default behavior is equivalent to using
Overwrite=no.) See also Troubleshooting Siebel Image Creation.