Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Creating the Siebel Installation Image on the Network > Preparing to Create a Siebel Installation Image >
Requirements for Siebel Image Directories
This topic is part of Preparing to Create a Siebel Installation Image.
The directory in which you will create a Siebel image, or the directory that you will specify as the location for Siebel media files, must meet the following requirements:
- The user creating the network image must have write permission in the Siebel image directory.
Users who need to access the Siebel image directory in order to perform installations must have read and execute permissions. Users who need to modify siebel.ini files to support console or unattended installation modes, or use other installation features requiring modification to siebel.ini files, must also have write permission.
Using the FastTrack Wizard to install the Siebel Enterprise Server and Siebel Web Server Extension on a single server machine requires that the user running the wizard has write permission in the Siebel_Enterprise_Server and Siebel_Web_Server_Extension directories. For more information, see Installing Using the Siebel FastTrack Wizard.
See also Preparing to Install Siebel Business Applications and Installing and Configuring in Unattended and Console Modes.
- Any directory you specify for creating the Siebel image must contain sufficient disk space for all Siebel products and languages you will include in the Siebel image. Each DVD uses up to 5 GB of storage.
- Any directory you specify for adding products or languages must contain an existing Siebel image. For example, if you are adding products or languages to a version 8.0 Siebel image, the directory you specify, such as D:\Siebel_Install_Image, must contain a subdirectory 22.214.171.124, which must contain an existing Siebel image.
- Any directory you specify for creating the Siebel image must follow the conventions described in File and Directory Naming Conventions. For example, on Windows, a directory name must not contain spaces or number (pound or hash) signs.
- Any specified directory must have a drive letter assigned to it. Image Creator does not recognize mounted network drives (UNC paths) without a drive letter assigned to them.
- If a Siebel image will include any client component, such as Siebel Mobile Web Client or Siebel Tools installation files, the target directory structure must not include the word disk1 anywhere in the directory path.
- Do not copy or move any Siebel image subdirectories. Create each Siebel image and all of its directories by running Image Creator. It is acceptable to move or rename the top-level directory in which the Siebel image was created.