Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing Siebel Charts >
Installing Siebel Charts
You can install Siebel Charts on any server machine that your Siebel Servers can connect to through HTTP. Typically, it is installed on a Siebel Server machine. If Siebel Charts is not installed on a Siebel Server machine, install it on the same subnet as the Siebel Servers. No additional license key is required for Siebel Charts.
NOTE: The information in this topic supplements the installation instructions provided by Visual Mining, Inc., which are provided in the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf. It is not intended to replace them.
The Siebel Charts server requires that certain ports be available. If these ports are used by any other application, then the Charts server will not start correctly.
Ports that are used by default by the Siebel Charts server are identified below:
- 8001. This port is used by Web browsers connecting to the Siebel Charts server. This port is specified during installation and can be changed.
- 8002. This port is used for shutdown requests. The port that is actually used is the port number specified during installation plus one—by default, this is 8001 + 1 (8002).
- 1099. This port is used for administration console access (using Java RMI).
By default, port 1099 is also used by Siebel Management Server. If you are using both Siebel Management Server and the Siebel Charts server, you must either install them on different machines or specify a different port number when you install and configure Siebel Management Server. For more information about configuring Management Server, see Configuring Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server.
Siebel Charts software is installed with the Siebel Mobile Web Client. The associated Windows service starts automatically when a chart is accessed within the client.
To install Siebel Charts
- Review preinstallation requirements. See NetCharts Server Installation Guide by Visual Mining, Inc., on the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for the current software version. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located.
In this case, navigate to Siebel_Image\Windows\Server_Ancillary\Visual_Mining_Netcharts_Server\language\windows.
- Siebel_Image = The directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as D:\Siebel_Install_Image\184.108.40.206.
- language = The three-letter code for the language of your Siebel Business Applications product; for example,
enu for U.S. English.
- To start the NetCharts Server installer, double-click NetChartsServer4.6SiebelEdition.exe.
- As you proceed from screen to screen using the installer, accept all applicable defaults and accept all license agreements.
- Restart your computer.